11.22.2010

Christmas Lovely

Normally I wait until the day after Thanksgiving (or later, if I shop on the scariest day of the year Black Friday, like last year for the first time) to decorate for Christmas.  But, Thanksgiving is a little different this year and a day closer to Christmas is a day closer to Mr. Cook being home.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays (and Mr. Cook's too) but it's not the same without him here.  This year we're going to celebrate Christgiving (as deemed by Mr. Cook), his only request for his homecoming was to have Thanksgiving prepared just the way I had for our first Thanksgiving as The Cooks (Thanksgiving '09).

So what's a girl to do with a little less than 30 days on her hands?  Nest, nest, and nest some more.  Here's what Christmas looks like Cook style.

{oh, the glow!}

{estate sale finds that fit perfectly with the aqua/red newly unified color scheme for living room & kitchen}

{kitchen counter inspired by this}

{i'm in love with white this year}

{little trees spruce-ing up the fridge}

{even my cook books were feeling festive}

{can't wait for my Christmas wish to come true and have my handsome hubs at that table}

{my grandma had a thing for cardinals this time of year, i have a thing for holly berries}

{no post would be complete without the Cook wall, buh-bye autumn wreath, hell-o Cost Plus placemat}

{spreading the love to the guest bathroom}

{my updated candle, inspired by her}

How are you making your holiday lovely?  Head on over to Heather's too see how others are making their lives lovely.


4 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful!

Kelly said...

No Christmas up at our house yet! I'll wait until Saturday. But I'm so so so happy for you that your time apart is coming to a close! And your house looks great! Very cozy and Christgiving-ish! :)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i think that placemat is genius!!!! it looks like a large doily and you know i love me some doilies. i'm going to do that on one of my walls. i love it!! so glad mr. cook will be home soon. sooooo glad.

mandi c said...

I'm dieing over those little tins. SO cute.

some_text