6.16.2014

A Gentelman's Study/Nursery: Reveal

Well since the baby seems to in no way reflect the Mr. and I's stubbornness determined to arrive in his own timing, I figured I may as well make the most of my remaining time as a non-parent by documenting the nursery.  While it still looks photo shoot worthy and before the wee little laundry and and baby paraphernalia takes over in mass amounts.

There isn't a theme per say.  That's not how I roll.  I like what I like and I nested the nursery like I did the rest of our home, with things that I like and with attention to a guiding color palette: black, grey, olive green, and gold accents. 

We knew we wanted his nursery to feel less like a matching catalog set and more like the rest of our home- collected over time.  We filled it with the things we loved and the things we hope he'll love too: travel, books, and pups.  


So here it is: A Gentleman's Study of a Nursery inspired by Hemingway's study and this inspiration board from Lay Baby Lay.


The sign hanging on Emerson's door, made from a vintage chalkboard via Farm Chicks 2013 and leftover decor from the April Showers baby shower.

The gallery wall with the door open.

A portrait of our first 'baby' Clover drawn by my nephew, a print of a vintage Air France destinations map via Costco, and the Be Strong print gifted to me by my sister.

Be Yourself print with book page mat gifted to me by my mom years ago, a vintage map and vintage print of a dog chasing a man mowing the lawn (a nod to our own Harry bug who has a slight aggression towards vacuums, lawn mowers, and hoses) via Costco.

A custom water color of our Clover girl (my wedding gift to the Mr.), a vintage photograph of a pup in Italy, and another print gifted to me by my sister referencing my favorite children's book.

To the right of the gallery wall is the closet, a rocker made by my grandma from a kit, a blanket that has gone through many hands in the Mr.'s family and an ottoman from Target.

The Ikea spice racks turned bookshelves.  Easy- like one evening easy- project.  

An awake/sleeping door hangar gift from my student teaching mentor and dear friend via RedEnvelope.

A favorite quote, Harry and the Lady Next Door a very thoughtful gift from a dear friend (a nod to our pup Harrison/Harry and the perfect match for the room's color palette) and a collection of Emerson's work (he is after all Emerson's name sake).

To the right of the chair: Emerson's window seat and a side table (an amazing find from HomeGoods).

In case you had forgotten who this nursery is intended for.  Left over shower decor turned nursery decor.

Thrift store lamp, Pinterest monogram gifted by a friend and Ikea clock.

A notebook for collecting memories and notes of Emerson's first days from my sister and the adorable Q & A a Day journal gifted by a friend.

Ikea Kallax bookshelf (the Expedit's replacement) and Ikea rocking moose.



Vintage globe, knit pup gifted by a very talented and thoughtful friend, a Scentsy warmer and a large collection of literature already.

Harry the Hippo: our first purchase for Emerson.

Chevron crocheted blanket by my mom.

Graphic wall created with the help of a Royal Designs stencil, plenty of spray adhesive, hours of What Not to Wear during Christmas Break, and good friends willing to help with touch-ups.




Beautiful quilt and crib skirt via my uber talented sister KnittyBitties, Adan and Anais sheet generously gifted by a friend, and plaid rug.





Changing table created out of a beautiful dresser that belonged to the Mr.'s grandma, card catalog via Farm Chicks 2013 painted gold to hold diapering essentials, succulent in a tobacco container via Farm Chicks 2013, thrifted lamp, old classroom globe, HomeGoods Globe, map light switch cover via  Freemont street market (but you could easily make one yourself) and monogram for Emerson Michael Cook put together using dollar spot finds at Michael's, some black card stock and the silhouette.

2 comments:

Grandma2E said...

Good job girl! Hope we don't have to wait til Emerson graduates high school for the next post!

Seriously - I love it!

miss tazia marie said...

So cute summer!

some_text