6.20.2012

What I Wore Wednesday: "Self, it's Time for a Closet Intervention"

Here are just two of the awesome outfits I put together this week and they are precisely why I am beginning my closet intervention/revamp at once.  Why do I hoard the clothing, why?


I felt pretty good about this outfit. I think the top and the jeans will both survive the closet purge.

Top: Old Navy (pretty scandal pants for the work environment, so I wear it with a cardigan there)
Flares: Old Navy
Flip Flops: JcPenny's


Belt: FarmChicks find, for holding the pants up and concealing the muffin top, all whilst bedazzled with rubies and leather tooling :), and $10 to boot!


I tried a new make-up technique that day, more like a make-under.  It's been a nice time saver, now that I have tons of time on my hands?!?!


Now this outfit starts to get into the questionable category.  It's okay, but I'd like to feel a little better than okay, you know?  

Top: forever21
Cargo capris: Old Navy
Flip Flops: JcPenny's (I will spare you but these have a giant wad of gum stuck on the bottom.  Seriously.  I have a problem.  Especially when it comes to the parting with yucky shoes?)


"I'm tick, tick, tickling ya with my toesies". Oh kid history, you brighten the darkest of days.

No, I am not opening my open pedicure palace, funny you should ask.  But I am in love with my Julep Maven subscription and I wanted to show you some of its fabulousness.  This was in my introductory kit, "Classic with a Twist".  It's called Susie.  But it was really opaque and since I'm not a pedicurist, I topped it off with some glitter to hide my flaws.  If only I could put glitter on everything.  Although glitter on a love handle would probably just accentuate it.  I digress.

Here is the Julep info. should you feel so inclined to paint your "toesies".  


  1. Take the fun Julep Maven style quiz and discover your style profile.
  2. Sign up to be a Maven, a monthly subscription including two nail polishes and an extra 'goodie' shipped straight to your door.
  3. If you're a commitment phob, you can skip the month, or send it as a gift to someone else.  And if you don't like your style profile's selection for the month you can switch it up, free of charge and hassle, to another profile.
  4. Love it?  Enter code: color2012 at checkout to receive your first month (normally $19.99 plus shipping) for only $.01.


No more talk of fun sparkling toes and good deals, I have to go revamp my closet using The No Brainer Wardrobe.  I'll let you know how it went next week.

Please tell me you too hoard shoes with gum on them or that have lost their insoles?  Anyone?

Go see what others are wearing and get inspired!

pleated poppy

3 comments:

Tunde said...

I'm a horrible hoarder too!! I keep everything "just in case"! That blouse with the bow is so cute you can do so much with that!!

Blessed Little Curl said...

Love me some julep! Can't WAIT for the July box!
I need a wardrobe makeover. After having Everlee I need to purge what fits/doesn't fit anymore. Luckily things are too big wahoo! Maybe if you blog about it I'll get some inspiration! Hows that for pressure?! :)

cate @ wild ruffle said...

I have a hard time parting with anything in my closet too. But I think that last outfit would be totally cute with a few added accessories - and you're so cute, you make it work even without them.:)

some_text