6.26.2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Marathon Training Clothing Does Not an Outfit Make

I'll be honest, I have spent most of my days in my marathon training clothing.  Sounds fancy huh?  It's not.  It consists of running shorts with briefs built in, a sports bra, a men's t-shirt, socks and my tired running shoes.  Post run, I shower, obvees, and then I put on a fresh set of marathon training gear, because you know it is good to be in appropriate attire for any marathon, including that of the marathon my DVR and I have been having on. a. daily. basis. Shudder.


Should you fancy yourself some of the best marathon training clothing around: 

Men's shirt: Hanes, WalMart
Shoes: Nike+ Bowerman Series, Nike Outlet
Training partner: Having naughty displacement and digging issues, punishment reward time, 3 miles


Hence my intervention with my clothing hoarding self and weight gain denial.  Thanks (I think) to the e-book, The No Brainer Wardrobe, I am on my way to recovery.  I'll do a full post when I've thoughtfully rebuilt my wardrobe.

Is that a bath full of clothes?  Why yes, yes it is.

Holy scandal pants (wait, there are no pants and your sarong is on inside out)!  Lady of leisure day.  Ghetto pool floating and croquet playing with the best of company, other English teachers, obviously.

Fedora: Urban Outfitters (Men's)
Bikini: JcPenny's Juniors
Sarong: Gift from Mexico, ole!

Parents' annual BBQ bash.  

Fedora: Urban Outfitters (Men's)
Top: JcPenny's Juniors
Shorts: WalMart (the shock, the horror!)
Sandals: Gummed up refinery, JcPenny's


Closet purging day.  Of all days to get dressed?  Why not wear sequins and a scarf whilst cleaning out your entire closet.  Seriously.  I've gone mad.

Scarf: Ann Taylor Loft (did not survive the purge)
Sequin racerback: Gift from a friend ;)
Skinnies/Jeggings: TjMaxx
Gladiators: Target

Bunko!

Scarf: Urban Outfitters (Men's)
ShineOn shirt: Groupon
Boyfriend jeans: Levi's, JcPenny's
Leopard flats: Mossimo, Target


Go check out more information about The Shine Project here.  As an educator, this is a t-shirt I couldn't pass up.

One more thing.  I'm cutting my hair off today.  I'm nervous/excited.  Hair is something you wear daily and is a source of much joy/frustration for me.  I made a pact with myself to grow my hair out: LONG. The problem is, it won't grow any longer, I spend way too much time styling it and I always wear it down anyway.  Time for a fresh change and perhaps to look a bit more professional and less like my students.  Here is my inspiration picture, wish me luck.







I'm linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.  Go see what others are wearing instead of hoarding :)

pleated poppy

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you're still enjoying the sequins. :)
Can't wait to see your new 'do! I think I may be next!

some_text